The USDA's National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) conducts hundreds of surveys every year and prepares reports covering virtually every aspect of U.S. agriculture. Production and supplies of food and fiber, prices paid and received by farmers, farm labor and wages, farm finances, chemical use, and changes in the demographics of U.S. producers are only a few examples.
NASS is committed to providing timely, accurate, and useful
statistics in service to U.S. agriculture. To uphold our
continuing commitment, NASS will:
- Report the facts on American agriculture, facts needed by people working in and depending upon U.S. agriculture.
- Provide objective and unbiased statistics on a preannounced schedule that is fair and impartial to all market participants.
- Conduct the Census of Agriculture every five years, providing the only source of consistent, comparable, and detailed agricultural data for every county in America.
- Serve the needs of our data users and customers at a local level through our network of State field offices and our cooperative relationship with universities and State Departments of Agriculture.
- Safeguard the privacy of farmers, ranchers, and other data providers, with a guarantee that confidentiality and data security continue to be our top priorities.
- NASS Biographies
- Organizational Chart
- Strategic Plan
- Assistance to Other Organizations
- International Programs
- Mission Statement
- Confidentiality Pledge
- Security Pledge
- Civil Rights Statements
- Statement of Commitment to Scientific Integrity
- Regulations Guiding NASS
- Agricultural Statistics Board and Lockup
- Agricultural Statistics: A Historical Timeline
- The Story of U.S. Agricultural Estimates
- As We Recall: The Growth of Agricultural Estimates, 1933-1961
- Safeguarding America's Agricultural Statistics
- Safeguarding America's Agricultural Statistics Video
- History of Ag Statistics
- Report Procedures
- An Evolving Statistical Service
- Fact Finders for Agriculture
- Agriculture Counts - The Founding and Evolution of the National Agricultural Statistics Service 1957-2007
Last modified: 11/17/08